Google

Important Class Information

1st and 5th Period

Chapter 7 test: Monday 3/10/08

Critical Review of Globalization Briefing Paper
Due: Monday 4/14/08

Midterm
1st: Tuesday 3/11
5th: Wednesday 3/12


__________________________________________________________________

What experience and history teach is this—that people and governments never have learned anything from history.

-George Wilhelm Hegel


__________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 27, 2008

AP Teachers of Comparative Government

I thought this would be a great way to assist you in learning more about incorporating current events blogging in your classroom.

I started blogging for my economics class at http://mayfieldeconclass.blogspot.com/
during the summer. I found it to be an easy way to get all of the interesting things that I read and wanted to share with my class organized and easy to find in the future.

I got the opportunity to take over the AP Comparative Government class in January. They had been doing a traditional current events project. I did not want to change that aspect of the class, but I wanted to add the use of technology. I set up a few blogs, created a rubric for assessing blog posts, and we started blogging.

So far, so good...

Let me know if I can assist or help you in any way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you willing to share your ideas in a more specific way? I'm really interested in this for my APCG class. If so, my email is lvangeme@aisd.net. I'm specifically interested in your rubric and what you require of the students. This is such a great idea!
Lisa Van Gemert
Lamar High School
Arlington, Texas

Mayfield said...

No problem. I will e-mail you some basic info.

Coach Brown said...

I'm also very interested.

teacher@coachbrown.net

Anonymous said...

Could you please send me the rubric as well? Thank you so very much. This is a wonderful idea

benjamin.manting@gmail.com